Thursday 20 September 2007

New Routines

This is one of my favorite times of year. The air gets a little fresher and we all of a sudden find ourselves in what I like to call jeans jacket weather. The new TV season starts (well, back home in America at least). It feels like "back to school" even though I haven't really been back to a fall term for eons. Plus it's right after my birthday, so I feel like everything is new and fresh.

The beginning of fall is one of my more motivating times of the year. Change is in the air. It's time to hunker down , revisit goals and get ready for the approaching holidays. Time to go for walks, put on that new jeans jacket (yup, I bought myself one for my birthday and it already feels like an old friend), and find new creative sparks in the autumn air.

It's also a good time to get back into the routines that I let slip over the summer: that gym thing; getting back into a writing workshop, decluttering that bookshelf that I'm going seeing more because it gets darker earlier.

Maybe I'll even take some time to decide on some new routines and motivations to carry me through the next twelve months.

Why wait till New Years to make those resolutions and changes?

0 comments :

Post a Comment