Saturday 24 May 2008

Carry yourself with confidence


This weeks confidence workshop looks at some of the reasons why we might find it difficult to wave goodbye to our 'lack of confidence'. If we aren't confident enough to do something, then maybe someone else will step in and do it for us.

Strangely this week my confidence had the same effect.

Off I went to Halfords to pick up the Twins birthday bikes. I had it all covered. I had phoned ahead to reserve a bike carrier to get the bikes home, clocked off work an hour early, rang the boys to say I would be home soon and be ready to go out, I had cake in the car and directions to Draycote water - a reservoir which has a five mile cycle path around its circumference. The surprise was set - nothing could go wrong.

I was asked at the Halfords till if i would like one of their trained fitters to put the bike carrier together and attach it to the car. The cost for this service was £8.99. I figured this would be money well spent for safety and save a bit of time. Off I went to bring the car to the front of the store. On my return I was met by the store manager who said that they weren't able to 'book in' my request, (hello, didn't they ask me?), until the next day, as they had a shortage of trained fitters. Never mind I replied confidently, it can't be that hard, I'll do it myself, thanks.

Before I could say 'wheres the instruction manual?', I was surrounded by three lovely young men in blue boiler suits, bikes were brought out, carrier was assembled and all were placed securely on the car. And I wasn't charged a penny.

It seems my confidence had terrified them.

Does that make me a 'Confidence trickster?'

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub

0 comments :

Post a Comment