Sunday 15 February 2009

Just how successful are you?


I've always wanted to go into space. I can't imagine anything that would make me feel as successful - as if I'd achieved everything I wanted to. I'd float out there, staring at the world and feel so free and, literally, 'spaced out'. And yet, how silly is that, because it's probably the one thing I'll never do and so I'm setting myself up endlessly for feeling a failure. And that doesn't feel good. I'd like to feel a success.

Once you know how, it's quite easy to feel successful. All you have to do is to finish things - to achieve them. The reason you can feel a failure about your e-mails or writing your blog or being a good mum is because it never ends. You will always have e-mails in your inbox, you will always have more posts you want to write and you will always have children to be there for. How can you possibly have any sense of success in those areas?

Rather than thinking about what you can't do, as we so often do, today let's start thinking about what you are successful in.

I was totally successful at tidying away breakfast today. I've been really successful at being lovely to my children this morning and I'm going to be successful at posting today's blog.

Gosh, I feel good now.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a map of the moon and start planning my journey. I can feel pretty successful at that as well.

See you in space.
Bon voyage,
Nina

0 comments :

Post a Comment