Friday 20 November 2009

Could I get to sleep...?


Normally I'm like this sleeping baby. I can drop off to sleep anywhere and at any time.

My children are used to finding me on the floor asleep, on sofas asleep and, of course, in my bed asleep.

This week has been different. On Wednesday our Life Club was on stress and the two people I was working with were both insomniacs. They either couldn't get to sleep in the first place or they woke in the early morning and couldn't drop off again. Of course, with all this talk of insomnia it's been on my mind and I've had two of the worst nights I've had for a long time... wild and crazy dreams, waking up every two hours, restless at light-turning-out time.

Of course, you get what you focus on. Silly me.

So, I've gone back to that workshop and have taken my learning from it. This is a temporary worry and won't last, so I can cross it off my 'things that are causing me stress' list. I've done just that.

Let's hope tonight I sleep again as soundly as that baby.

Sweet dreams.
What do you do when you can't get to sleep? Do let me know.

All best,
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

3 comments :

Abi Smith said...

Funnily enough, I had terrible sleep last night - I was still awake at 4am! Lying in bed not sleeping and worrying about not sleeping is stressful, so I usually get up and do something with a definite ending, like watch something short on iPlayer. This seems to serve as a marker between my period of insomnia and my period of sleep, and is almost like getting a fresh shot at that whole "going to bed" process. Also, I have had great success using EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to encourage me to relax and go to sleep!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Nina, many thanks to you & Catherine for making me so welcome on Wednesday night. I enjoyed the workshop very much & I'm looking forward to the next one. I must apologise for talking too much; I do it when I'm nervous, but promise to be quieter in future. Hope your Canadian trip goes well. Best wishes.

Life Clubs said...

Thanks Abi for EFT - no doubt others might like to try it. And, Kirsten, it was lovely to have you and, if you did feel you talked too much - I didn't notice.
Nina x

Post a Comment