Friday 23 July 2010

Does The Secret work?


This week at Life Clubs we were discussing money.

Gosh. It's a fascinating subject, all the more so (quite possibly) because usually we don't talk about it. It's as if once you start you can't stop and so we chatted and chatted and chatted.

One of the things that came up was about the best-selling book, The Secret, and whether just by focusing on money you can create it. I'm afraid I haven't read it, but I've seen a bit of the film and know the general idea and have talked about it a lot with friends - not in terms of attracting money, but in terms of attracting a partner.

So, what did we decide. Does The Secret lead on nicely from last week's post in that just wishing for something will make it happen..? Sadly not.

With money and partners and anything else you want, sadly you can't just wish. Or you can, but you can't instantly expect that wish to come true.

What you can do is a lot of emotional work on yourself (which is what we were doing in the club) and then focus. And, if you focus and focus enough on what you want, your wish may well come true - just by the sheer persistence, confidence and awareness you're putting into it.

So, be absolutely clear on what exactly you want, believe that you can get it and focus on it.

And then, let me know what you've bought with your new-found money!

Next week's workshop is about self-image. Find out how your external self is stopping your internal self. Fascinating.

See you there - hope you have a great weekend,
All best,
Nina
PS These are wishing notes on a wishing tree
PPS Life Clubs has just had it's first wedding. To read all about it, click on the heart.

3 comments :

Unknown said...

I happened to come across this web site whilst looking at reviews on Amazon. I was fascinated to read this article regarding The Secret and Nina's comments that simply wishing for things won't make them happen. Nina then goes on to say she hasn't read the book. What a pity Nina, because if you read the book and follow the teaching you will learn that in actual fact, wishing WILL make things happen. I can guarantee it! I would probably have thought the same as you around 3 years ago but since reading the Secret my life has gone from strength to strength. I have no affliation at all with the book - just wanted to share my good fortune.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Life Clubs said...

Hi Pat, thanks for getting in touch and I'm thrilled about your good fortune.

I saw the film and have read much of the book, and, like you, have had much success by wishing - but I truly believe it's more than that. Sometimes you wish and are ready for your wish to come true - other times you're not. You were clearly ready and, so was I. It's the being ready that can be the tricky bit.

Great to hear from you, Nina

Post a Comment