Monday 3 September 2007

Bring out yer clutter!

Decluttering is our theme this week at Life Clubs, and a mighty useful skill this is. What's interesting about decluttering is that it's not just about the obvious clearing out of last year's now hideously unfashionable shirts (or were they like that when I bought them?) Decluttering's about letting go, and every area of life can hold things we could do with letting go of.

Clutter is anything which gets in the way. It could be material things, but equally it could be habits. Smoking is something which I used to keep lying around like an old chair - I didn't get anything out of it, it was just part of the scenery. While I did it, it didn't really seem to do any harm; but once I decluttered it from my life, it's amazing what there was suddenly room for. Including meeting the love of my life! We met two weeks after I stopped smoking. She later told me that if I'd been a smoker then, we'd never have got as far as a first date.

So I'm looking forward to exploring what sorts of decluttering we can do and how in this week's workshop.

Have fun making space!


Mark Lister
Edinburgh Life Club

0 comments :

Post a Comment