Wednesday 19 September 2007

Ready, Steady, Go

I don't know how I did anything before I discovered what motivated me - guesswork I suppose and maybe not achieving as much as I could have.

Anyway, now I know, my present goal is to get fit. I don't want bulging muscles, I just want to be able to do the kind of things my body used to do.

Monday saw me at the gym with a free trainer on my special introductory offer. It was hard. Supple I wasn't and aching I was. Rubbish music that didn't inspire me and a room that smelt of rubber. I did not like it.

Tuesday had me beginning to notice a few benefits. I was running up the stairs and sitting with my legs over the arm of the armchair as if I was 16 again - that felt good.

Today, Wednesday, I really didn't want to go to the gym again. I felt tired, stiff, slightly achy and had loads of excuses as to why I was needed elsewhere.

But one of my motivational tools is fun. Another is dancing. So I made a 'Workout' playlist on my i-pod and took it along. Oh yes.

Just like Ready, Steady, Go.

Hope you have a lovely week,
Nina
Westminster Life Club

0 comments :

Post a Comment