Friday 8 February 2008

Getting active

Dear All,

Psychologies Magazine called me just as I was glowing with pride. They were writing an article about how to be in the present moment, rather than constantly thinking about the future, and this particular journalist wanted a few interesting thoughts about 'being active'. It took us both ages to work out exactly what she'd been asked to do and then I had my 'lightbulb moment'. My pride was from having taken action.

Let me explain. For weeks... no, months, Genevieve and I at Base Camp have been putting off writing what we fondly call, our Bibles. Basically 'how to' manuals on how to run everything at Life Clubs. There are to be two of them - one for running Base Camp and one for running the clubs.

We have thought of every excuse to not move forward on this. The latest was that all information should all be on the internet so we have to organise a wiki first to put it all on. We thought that that would put the process off for at least another few months.

Finally we decided to do it today. Or, at least, to start it. Three hours later we had the skeleton of the first Bible done. It was so easy once we got down to it - and, in case you were wondering, we hadn't even started in the morning, but after lunch, that's how little we wanted to do it.

As you can imagine, that action got us out of our fear of the future and into the present and actually doing it. So I certainly had something to say to the lovely Psychologies lady. Just go for it.

I hope you have a wonderful living-in-the-present weekend.
Nina
Founder Life Clubs/Westminster Life Club

0 comments :

Post a Comment