Sunday 22 June 2008

I love Amy Winehouse


Yes, of course, she's dreadful. She's doing way too much of everything, but I love her music and I love the way she's so totally herself and just doesn't give a damn. A little like Scarlett O'Hara - another of my heroines.

Although Amy may not care if she's OD'ing, some of us have different standards. There's a bit of me that cares that I'm working so much. Another bit of me that cares that I eat so much. And yet another bit of me that cares that my head is constantly so busy.

Having just returned from Sex and the City (sorry, yes I loved it), I want to be like those girls - well, maybe Samantha in particular. I'd like to really enjoy my beautiful body, be there in the present at all times - enjoying life and just not worrying about anything.

That whole Cinderella film was perfect escapism. Everything I do too much of just wasn't their problem - apart from Miranda and I maybe share a few workaholic tendencies. The only thing they're definitely doing too much of is shopping. Maybe we could help them out there.

See you this week at Life Clubs... where normal people go for fun.
Looking forward,
Nina

0 comments :

Post a Comment