Sunday 29 June 2008

Party, Party, Party



I haven't been to a party for ages and suddenly it's Summer and everyone is having them. And yet, when I think about it, my best evenings are at home watching Dr Who with my son.

I do, however, want to meet Donna Noble. Catherine Tate is a Dr Who woman - less of those pretty girls and at last someone weighty (not fat, but a real presence). I love Donna's humour, her sentimentality, her intelligence (though she claims none) and her pragmatism. If she was at a party I'd really enjoy it.

But how to go to a party as if I was Donna, rather than expecting to meet her. To walk in with that self-assurance and confidence? What could I do (short of taking the Doctor with me) to feel the same?

Because parties make me feel nervous. Or is it just the thought of the Daleks I might meet?

See you soon,
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

0 comments :

Post a Comment