Monday 7 July 2008

Sometimes you have to be brave



For years I walked around like Vicky Pollard without the attitude. Just had kids, potentially off to the gym at any moment, felt fitter looking as if I was just off to the gym and frankly, not really bothered about what I looked like. I suppose I was in natural mum mode and, let's be honest, not particularly happy with myself - and no time for myself either.

It was my dustman that first gave me the feedback I needed to kick me into gear. He took me aside one morning and told me I really couldn't go around looking like I did. I needed to smarten my act up - now.

This feedback from a (more or less) stranger was just what I needed. This guy believed that I could look great if I put a bit of effort into it and he moved me into the next stage of my life.

Just for the record I'm still not into Chanel suits, but these days I actually visit the occasional clothes shop.

Vicky wouldn't recognise me any more.

See you soon,
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Nina

Lovely topic for this week. I wanted to share the following with you - Feedback is a wonderful thing, but it's a shame more people don't ask for it often enough. As someone who has worked in the investment banking and management consultancy arena, I know how important feedback really is. One thing which has really worked for me is to actively seek feedback be it complimentary or constructive by asking line managers to take time out regularly with me and "telling me how it is"

Post a Comment