Saturday 9 August 2008

It's never too late


Thankfully I grew up in a late starter family.

I was god knows how old when I learnt how to walk, called 'immature' at school until I left and had my last child at the age of 44. To make matters 'worse' I had just turned 50 when I had my 'lightbulb moment' about how I could bring together all the things that I enjoy doing and turn them into a business.

Luckily our family role model was Grandma Moses.

Grandma Moses was born in 1860 in New York and started painting her primitive art pictures when she was in her mid-seventies. She had her first art show in New York when she was 79 and at the age of 95 was seen regularly on TV painting the view from her house. She died age 101 having completed 25 paintings that year.

Now do you see why I'm not worried that it took me so long to discover my life's purpose. In Grandma Moses terms, I'm a baby.

This week discover your life's purpose at Life Clubs.

Nina
Founder

2 comments :

John Gallagher said...

Nina, This post gives me hope that being a late starter isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm 32 and never had a relationship so I feel as if developmentally I'm still 14. But I can see I've got all sorts of good things out of this too - lots of time to myself, a failing career done and junked, life experience before meeting that critical someone and a chance to think what I want from a relationship.

Life Clubs said...

Thanks for your thoughts and honesty, John.

Maybe also think about who you can and will be in a relationship. I'm sure someone will enjoy being with you very much one day when you're ready for it.

Post a Comment