Friday 14 November 2008

Throwing all your worries away


Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just drop our problems in the bin?

Well we can. Not all of them, but most probably quite a few of them.

The problem I just dropped in the bin was worrying about the birthday party coming up for my son. I decided that I'd just think about it the day before and stop it worrying me all the time. In the end he was sick so it had to be cancelled anyway, but it was wonderful to put a deadline on my worrying and only allow it to start 24 hours before the actual event. The worry of it had been hanging over me for weeks and I didn't want it to.

I know, that was a frivolous example of worrying, when all around me people are losing jobs and money. But worrying is one of those activities that just makes you unfocused and panicked. It'll probably cause you to procrastinate and not do anything which might make the worrying - and the problem - even worse.

At Life Clubs we're going to see which of your worries can be held onto and solved and which dropped in the bin. And then we're going to see how to solve those we're still hanging onto. We're going to give you a clearer way of thinking.

See you there,
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

1 comments :

Unknown said...

It was great meeting you last night, Nina. Just popped on your blog and picked up on the lightbulb moment and throwing worries away. Fantastic way of looking at things. I asked my family about this and we all laughed about our worries and how we would/couldnt miss them!
I'll be popping along to my first lifeclub this wednesday.
Looking forward to it!

Post a Comment