Thursday 28 June 2007

don't sell yourself short!

Ah it's good to be back.

So, Wednesday I filmed a corporate short for a major company. Looking back I can see how I presented or sold myself differently throughtout the day to different people. For instance, to the director I was professional, one take wonder girl (except when I dismally failed to pull a pint-a bit of a problem as I was playing a barmaid!), I presented myself like this because I wanted him to think I was talented, good to work with, and took direction well.

With the costume department I was much more friendly funny and cheeky because I wanted to keep the shoes I was wearing for the shoot, (they go beautifully with my new maxi-dress).

It was interesting thinking about all this as I made my way to my Lifeclub. How as an actor in auditions I am constantly selling myself. So for my audition today I consciously thought about who I was selling to, what I wanted from the meeting and how I wanted to present myself.


Now I can't vouch for the impression I made on the director on Wenesday, but I can tell you that I have a lovely new pair of shoes!!!!!!

Oh and I got a second audition.
Vanessa x

0 comments :

Post a Comment