Sunday 1 July 2007

How do I look?

Self-image. It's totally internal, yet it's something we think about as being part of everyone else's reality. Hmmm. It's plainly got a lot to do with what we looked at last week, selling oneself. A positive self-image is certainly a big help to presenting yourself positively.

I don't know about you, but when I feel insecure about something, I can't help thinking everybody can see it. I don't even have to be terribly sure what I'm insecure about. And what are they going to think of me? That's why self-image can be such a minefield - it seems to us that what we FEAR may be true about ourselves, others are CERTAIN is true. That of course only makes us all the more convinced they're right (even though we don't actually know they think that at all). It's a vicious circle.

The good news is that the reverse is true too. Feeling good about yourself makes you feel others see you in a positive light too. So taking control of your self-image is something that can make a really big difference.

Here's an inquiry to start the week with then - what would you love other people to think of you?

0 comments :

Post a Comment