Monday 9 July 2007

Can't wait to get reading

My club had so many budding writers it was really exciting. It felt a creative force in the centre of London. I can't wait to read what everyone is going to write. So many characters with so many stories.

It's interesting how reticent we are at saying how we'd like to be feeling. It's easy to think of all the child-like negative thoughts we're having, like 'I'm no good with money' or 'I'm scared of meeting new people' or 'no-one's going to like my book', but replacing those thoughts with 'I'm ruthless' or 'I'm great with new people' or 'my book will be a best-seller' seems tough.

Sometimes it's even hard to think of a goal we want to achieve. 'I want to pass my history degree' - when actually you really want to get on with being a DJ - feels a little like putting life on hold and a bit of a 'should' rather than 'want' goal. What about doing both - the former big-time and the latter in small doses.

These are a few of the things I observed tonight.

As well as seeing everyone sit up straighter and smile as they realised their lives could be a little different.

Watch this space.

Nina (Westminster Club)

0 comments :

Post a Comment