Monday 16 July 2007

More creative than I thought...

Hi all,

Well its a few weeks on and the message from the presenting me workshop is still ringing in my ears. Its surprising how much we forget the things we achieve over the years and focus on the things we fear.

I was asked to provide the cake for my step-daughters birthday party and was about to order one from my local bakers, to the tune of £60 when I thought back to the various things that I have done over the years and started thinking about when I was at catering college and took a cake decoration course. I made a few cakes for people years ago when the children were small and although that was nearly 25 (gulp) years ago; I thought of the presenting me group work and started coming up with a list of skills and achievements that I had completely forgotten about.

Well I decided to jump back in at the very deepest end and make the cake myself. After two evenings of the kitchen looking like an explosion in an icing sugar factory not to mention feeling sick from eating cake mix, butter cream and icing... the cake was finished. And guess what? Not only did it go down a storm but I received 2 requests from guests for more cakes. So not only did I save £40 but the boost to my confidence was priceless... something else to add to my mental CV.

0 comments :

Post a Comment