Sunday 2 December 2007

CHRISTMAS, NO WORRIES

I, like Nina, worry a lot over Christmas. It all seems so stressful and I worry how I will fit everything in when I'm already feeling stretched to the limit. This year I have decided to focus on the positives stress can bring? Well I figure I'm never going to avoid the stress so I may as well embrace it. Some stress in our lives is totally natural and its this that brings a sense of excitement, enthusiasm and anticipation into all our lives. This kind of stress is a very necessary part of leading a full and happy life. It gets the adrenaline flowing, quickens the mind, energises the body and helps us get on with life in a much more positive way.

So I am entering into the positive Christmas spirit not my usual Humbug Holiday.

So lets get positive about Christmas. Do everything you can to avoid the negative effects of stress and worry – plan well, rest well and eat well, but celebrate the positives too.

This Christmas, shopping, as much as I can, will be done on the internet, especially the supermarket!! Then when I go to the shops, I can just do the shopping I enjoy, soak up the atmosphere of lights and decorations and stop off for a hot chocolate, a cinnamon coffee or a slice of cake (those who know me well have already realised it will probably be all three!) and drink in the Christmas cheer.

I will have Christmas music playing as we decorate the tree. And yes dear Kelly Family I will be singing ‘Wombling Merry Christmas’ again this year.

I'm sure there are a few Christmas traditions I’ve forgotten about and a few new ones I could start. Let this year be the year I take the children ice-skating, I start a secret Santa with my neighbours, break out the Karaoke and resurrect Grannys mulled wine recipe.

I will think, enjoy and let all the worries and stress float by. This is the year of the Magic, Memorable, Merry Christmas.

No worries

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub

0 comments :

Post a Comment