Tuesday 18 December 2007

Mammon or more...?

It's so easy to fall into the shopping trap and forget what we're actually celebrating.

I've had a pretty balanced week so far - starting with answering the phone at the Daily Telegraph Charity Appeal. Lots of people disappointed that they couldn't see my face in the paper and so didn't know who they were talking to, but it was wonderful to feel of help and connected to those phoning - being so generous with their money - to the charity and to those others donating their time to fund-raise.

Today at my club we discussed spirituality. A couple of others there who, like me, weren't really sure they were spiritual. One a skeptical scientist, the other an 'I never thought about it' and me, who thinks about it the whole time without really being able to make up my mind.

By the end of the workshop we all saw the spirituality in ourselves and in our lives and how we could build more in. In my life it was gardening that made me feel the most connected. For others it was walking around London, watching the birds on the river, playing music and stroking the cat. Wonderful that all those roads led to Rome.

Happy Christmas.
Nina, Westminster Life Club

0 comments :

Post a Comment