Monday 15 September 2008

Selling me


I've always been nervous about parties and whether someone will talk to me or not. Am I fun enough, am I relaxed enough and, yes, even, am I attractive enough? In jobs too, there's always been that feeling of whether I'm good enough or if I am going to be found out and seen as a fraud.

And I know I'm not the only one who feels like this.

This weekend was quite a trial for my teenage daughter as the two of us went shopping down the High Street and bumped into scores of her friends. I could see she desperately wanted to be with them but she was with me and how would she handle a situation like that. How to look cool with Mummy in tow.

One way or the other we're always selling ourselves. And it's best if we don't look like those 'For Sale' signs.

This week's Life Club will turn presenting yourself work-wise and socially into a fun game. You'll realise (without even trying), just how good you are at it.

And, a reminder of another potential party, Me Day - only this one's good because you're in charge. Me Day is next Sunday and there's a free workshop for you to print out and enjoy on the welcome page of our website plus a quiz you'll have fun filling in on your Me Day party invitation. Do remember to send in photos of you and your Me Day party or with your Happy Me Day card for our blog.
If you knew you were magnetically charismatic, how would you behave at parties and interviews?

At this week's Life Club you'll be selling yourself left, right and centre and enjoying it.

Life Clubs News:

The lovely Charlie Damonsing, who runs the Bury St Edmunds club is starting up in Ipswich today, so she'll be running two clubs. Do join her and tell anyone you know based near Ipswich. It's going to be fun.

The other two new clubs starting in September are Glasgow (30th September) and Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire (24th September). Make a date in your diary for those too and tell your friends.

Those three clubs are all offering free membership (worth £10) for their first month of opening.

Do pass us on to your friends, I'm sure they'll get a lot out of Life Clubs.

See you at Life Clubs,
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

Come to your nearest Life Club this week - and tell any friends you know who live near one of our clubs about us.

* Buckinghamshire, Great Missenden
* Dorset, Bournemouth
* Esssex, Loughton and Romford
* Hertfordshire,Watford
* London, Westminster, (Mondays) and (Wednesdays)
* Scotland, Edinburgh and Glasgow
* Suffolk, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich
* Surrey, Camberley
* Warwickshire, Leamington Spa
* West Yorkshire, Ossett

0 comments :

Post a Comment