Wednesday 22 April 2009

The Rules of Happiness


It's a wonderful idea that happiness can be created by rules. That if you just follow a few simple steps, something so seemingly elusive can be yours.

If I was writing those rules, certainly a swimming pool would tick my first rule box. Swimming frees me from my body, it makes me feel playful, it focuses me on being in the present, it stretches me, I feel alive.

I've loved quite a few pools in my time. Kidney-shaped ones in Los Angeles, one filling-up an entire suburban garden in West London and one on top of a roof in New York. But many, many years ago I went to Mexico with Annie Lionnet (who hosts the Bath Life Club) and I think we stumbled there upon one of the happiest-making pools ever. It was large and very clear and blue, overlooking a stunning bright green sea and, right in the middle, was a cocktail bar with a parasol on the top. Pure decadence.

Come along to Life Clubs this week and discover those rules of happiness.
See you there - swimming costumes only allowed.
Nina
Founder Life Clubs

1 comments :

SUSAN KEMP said...

If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator.Nice Comment!

Post a Comment