Friday 10 July 2009

saying yes


I'm the host of our Glasgow Life Clubs and am thrilled to be adding my 2 cents to our blog.

I have been thinking a lot about what I am saying to no ... I am just over 6 months pregnant with my first baby!

It seems there are a lot of things I have had to say no to ...
  • all my favourite runny and unpasteurised cheeses (Oh goat and Blue, how I miss you!)
  • my many cuppa comforts every morning
  • wearing my wedding ring (too tight!)
  • a slim summer
  • my margaritas and glasses of wine
  • staying out past 10! (I go mute and fall into a drooling slumber!)
And while this felt a little like a hardship the first few months, I am slowly realising that all those "nos" are adding up to LOTS of "yes-es".

I am saying yes to:
  • growing a healthy baby and really taking care of myself (which feels lovely!)
  • really surrendering to my expanding belly
  • napping at whim
  • excitement of becoming a momma
  • something bigger *and more important* than just me!
And I know this is just the beginning. I am CERTAIN that once baby boy comes, I'll also be saying no to sleep, normalcy, freedom, control and spontaneity!

And in return I'll be saying yes to embracing chaos, going with the flow and sweet, simple time with my new family.

It is so easy to get caught up in what we are not getting/doing/being. Flipping the switch to the yes is such an excellent way to turn it all on its head. After all, it is our choice.

Can't wait for next week's workshop when you will all get the chance to say no to things you really really don't want and find your magic Yeses.

It is a giant relief.

Oh yeah ...

Carol
Your American Glasgow Life Clubs Host

1 comments :

ROB said...

I LOVE this post! I guess sometimes its takes such energy to say no that we forget what we're saying yes to!
Maybe in a way its all about focusing on the positive, not the negative! :o)

Post a Comment