Sunday 26 June 2011

I'd hate you to wake in the night...


This week’s workshop, Clearing Space, is all about decluttering. I remember when I first wrote it I had in mind that it would be about tidying up (one of my weak points), but the more I worked with it, the clearer it became that the decluttering was all about every aspect of our lives – whether our diaries, our bodies, our laptops or our minds. And we’ve even run the workshop backwards for those who’ve done too much decluttering to bring a little love and spontaneity back into their lives.

My mind has been playing havoc recently. I’ve been waking in the middle of the night and fretting. I’ve lain there for ages trying hard not to wake my husband - although secretly wishing he would wake and help me relax.

Each night has ended up with me padding out of my cosy bed to a place where I can turn on the light and write down everything that’s worrying me and thus declutter my brain.

In a couple of minutes I’ve written a ‘to do’ list for the morning and thus ensured I won’t forget anything that was causing me such insomnia. That ‘I can’t go to sleep as I might forget something I have to do’ feeling has completely gone. I feel light, relaxed, confident my thoughts have been saved and ready to go back to sleep.

Decluttering works – at all times of day and night – and not just for desk tidying up. Come and find out which bit of you (or your life) needs a good clear out – and how to get a good night’s sleep!

See you there,
Nina

0 comments :

Post a Comment