Saturday 18 June 2011

Working on relationships


This week at Life Clubs we've got a great workshop about relationships, called Making Relationships Work.

My workshop is on Wednesday and, to be honest, I was beginning to feel a bit hypocritical about running it. I haven't been very sociable recently and didn't feel I was doing particularly well on the relationship front.

This weekend has changed all that (or most of it!) Our children are looking after themselves and my husband and I are having the weekend alone together. We've done nothing much - we've both been working quite a bit, but we've also been to the pub, had a lovely wet walk, and, what's been so important, spent time together.

In that time we've had conversations, listened to each other, been sounding boards for each other and realised why we liked each other in the first place.

If you want to make a relationship work, it doesn't have to be a whole weekend, but why not get together and listen to each other. Miracles will happen.

I'm now ready to run that workshop!

See you Wednesday,
Best wishes,
Nina

0 comments :

Post a Comment