Monday 14 April 2008

TURN YOUR LIGHT ON


I am a self confessed trash TV watcher. Well watcher is probably stretching the point, 'flitter' is a closer description. This weekend I tuned into the Eastenders omnibus. Not a show I've been following for a long time, but I was drawn by the promise of, once again, hearing Bianca scream Rickaaay across the square. My husband, neither watcher nor flitter, but reader, emerged from behind his book to exclaim, 'I really like her'. I dashed back into the lounge sure that I would find him oggling 'Roxy' or 'Ronnie' (no relation to Reggie!) behind the bar at the Queen Vic. I was ready to launch into a precis of this weeks workshop 'From the outside in', to find that he'd already understood the message. He was mesmerised by 'Heather'. She is a large lady (see Pic above) who for the purposes of Eastenders is not shown in the best of 'outside' lights. He said 'I like her for two reasons, I really like the character she plays, the way she loves life and has a real 'anythings possible' attitude and I really like the fact that shes a successful actress who hasn't been deterred or put off because she doesn't fit into the stereotype of a stick thin, blond, lovely.'

It really is whats on the inside that rings out, personality, attitude and the inner you will always shine through. I would have kissed him, but by this time he was already mumbling about 'lost my page, turn down the volume and one sugar in my tea'.

Don't start me on Romance!!

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub

0 comments :

Post a Comment