Friday 30 May 2008

Out to pasture - Never


After a bit of a break......20 years, I returned this week to a sport I once took part in on a regular basis. I went horse riding!

My daughter started horse riding at christmas. She had often heard stories, usually from her Nan, of how I rode horses in my younger days. She had been badgering me for a while to join her but I had put her off with words like, 'Never again', 'too old', 'ask your dad' etc. Well this weekend my husband joined in too. And I have to say a little bit encouraged by this chance to show my husband of many years something he'd never seen me do before(!) and flash a little of my younger self, I went and bloomin booked it!!

The hour past in five minutes. It was wonderful, exhilarating and so much fun. I skipped away marvelling at my youthful athleticism, my natural poise, grace, agility and aptitude for anything sporty. I gazed in the mirror and yes, I definately looked more toned and flexy than Madonna. Pah! How could I have denied the equine world this talent for so long? I even contemplated buying Horse and Hound on the way home.

The next morning my husband was treated to another sight he'd never seen before, as I rolled out of bed onto the floor, crawled to run a very hot bath and then called for assistance to get into it. I kid you not, the act of swinging one leg out of the bed ahead of the other, was just too much.

And I have vowed 'NEVER AGAIN'..... will I leave it so long, to take part in something I have enjoyed so much. So look out equestrians, I'm coming to get you!

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub

0 comments :

Post a Comment