Sunday 18 May 2008

Procrastination - Its worse than you thought


Oh my goodness the merest mention of the 'P' word and I find myself at a complete loss; motivation, oomph, zing, mojo, get up and go, all got up and gone. What is it about Procrastination that, well, leaves you all procrastinating? How strange is that?

So at a loss for my own words I went in search of others. And a quick 'Google' turned up this:

"If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination"

Now I knew Procrastination was never a good thing but I had no idea just how dreadful, until I read these lines from, Thomas DeQuincey,(August 15, 1785 – December 8, 1859). He was an English author and intellectual, best known for his book 'Confessions of an English Opium-Eater'.

And despite his Heroin addiction he went on to write over 200 articles following his success with 'Opium-Eater'. He certainly didn't let the grass grow under his feet. And neither should we...........who knows what might happen!

Get yourself to Lifeclubs this week, don't delay, tackle Procrastination now. You know it makes sense!

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub

0 comments :

Post a Comment