Sunday 4 May 2008

And Be Merry


I have taken the key points from this weeks 'Energise your Body' workshop and I am giving them my best shot.

LOVE AND LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.
This week a friend of mine, just finishing her beautician course, asked me if I wouldn't mind coming into the college and having a few complimentary treatments to help her complete her case studies. Off I went anticipating a wonderful facial and looking forward to shaped brows, uplifted jaw line and a youthful glow.

But I hadn't listened!

'Just undress down to your underwear she says'. Holy Bridget Jones....didn't see that coming!

An hour later I glowed with the news that I probably wouldn't see much effect from the thigh treatment... I didn't have enough fat! Wow now I'm listening. And I will be booking a full back massage after hearing that the bone I thought she was mainpulating in my shoulder was in fact tense muscle.

Listen up! Colleges offer a huge array of treatments at much much reduced prices. All work is closely supervised. Treat yourself to a pamper day, hair, cut and colour, massage, nails, pedicure, non surgical facelift even. Now theres no excuse not to LOVE your bod.

EXCERCISE
I have downloaded a few (ok, yes you are correct, when I say I, I actually mean one of the kids......you're so picky)fast paced tracks to step out to. So everyday this week I have been setting off at a fast beat for half an hour. The Jack Russell is looking very trim.

NB Take it from me, middle aged woman screaching, 'I am a fire starter, twisted fire starter', as she beats it out past the neighbours house is not a good look. Mental note to self, only 'sing a long a open farm land'.

FOOD
So far so good, my body has been a temple. However today It seems the fried breakfast gods have been conspiring against me. Wake up to find the 4-strong, teenage girly sleepover, have woken early and are starting an Egg and Bacon marathon in the kitchen. Distract self by walking dog along canal. Husband accompanies me and steers towards the 'Long Itchington diner' for a little sustenance; Sausage, Egg, Bacon, Black pudding, beans and a fried slice. I resist and have a cup of tea. Returned home to find phase two beginning in the kitchen............Brunch. Who knows if I will last the day without being assaulted by a bacon baguette or a cheese and onion toasty but I'm certainly trying and hiding from 'The brunch' has given me the opportunity to sit and write my blog. In fact if you take a real deep breath you'll probably catch a whiff of bangers and beans.

SLEEP
Ok all things in moderation, lets not create a miserable, calorie counting or treat depriving life. I may be resisting the delicious temptations of the 'Heart attack Menu' on offer, in Casa Kelly this weekend, but its not all that it might seem. I'm doing a bit of 'off setting'. I've looked after my body all week, to leave some guilt free space, for the 'Long Itchington Bank Holiday Beer Festival'. And you know; I think I'll sleep well tonight.

Cheers!

Kimx
Leamington Lifeclub, fab New Venue

0 comments :

Post a Comment