Friday 18 May 2007

Creative Conscious Eating

So we're thinking about cutting out the excess by being conscious when we shop, cook and eat. To make this process more fun and colourful, and tasty!, I've got a few ideas that might kick-start the changes you'd like to make.

When you have the chance to go to the supermarket and you are not in a hurry, turn it into a new experience for your senses. See the food as works of art. This helps with the healthy eating as fresh things are out there for us to pick up, feel the texture, and appreciate the varying colours.

I chose some organic gala apples yesterday. As I looked at each one I picked up, I noticed the beautiful range of colours from yellow to deep crimson. The different patterns were gorgeous as well. This led me to anticipate just how crunchy and sweet this apple would be to taste when I got home.

A nutritionist I know suggested that I 'eat a rainbow' each day. What a great way to combine our creative nature with our desire to eat consciously. Create a colourful plate or bowl of food for yourself. Challenge yourself to get as many colours as you can into a meal. They are more appetising and as you slow yourself down to get involved in the process of consciously choosing what to put together, you will make changes in your eating and eat what appeals at the moment, and not just what is habitual.

Have a yummy weekend-
Cyndy

0 comments :

Post a Comment