Wednesday 16 May 2007

I'll have a pizza you!

I've just driven back from my Lifeclub and saw a man struggle with his impratical 'Fresh and Wilde' bag filled with healthy organic food. He was struggling because he was cycling at the same time. This made me giggle, and of course worry for his safety! Is his conscious eating damaging his health?

To borrow a phrase, 'You are what you eat'. True, it's important to really look at what you're putting in your body, what really nourishes you and gives you the energy you need to tackle all the other areas of the balance chart you want to work on.
I, like many of us think about the outside first, (why can't I look like Angelina Jolie?) but thinking about how food actually makes you feel can really make a difference.

I've been writing a food diary for a month and was asked tonight if it makes me think about what I eat throughout the day, and I have to say that sometimes I think, 'I don't want to have to write that biscuit down later', so I don't eat it. More importantly though is how interesting it is to really look at what you are feeding your body.

In our club we talked about planning, so that you have good food in the fridge and can make good food to have on the go. One woman does her food shoppping online so not to get swayed by the smells from the bread machine and many tempting treats in the supermarkets.

Me? I'm going to keep on with my diary, and see how the lists shape up!

0 comments :

Post a Comment