Thursday 10 May 2007

That reminds me

I really like this weeks Life club topic. It reminds me to think about 'me' and put 'my' important things first. It reminds me to plan for 'me'. It reminds me to make time for 'my' life.


All this reminding reminded me of how not taking the time to think and plan had seen the neighbours almost lose their will to live.

I shall explain

Having spent a lovely long weekend with the caravan club, next door neighbours returned home, caravan in tow. Whilst trying to park the caravan on their drive, one wheel had sunk firmly into the mud. It was not going to move, no way, no how. I watched as they got all the more frustrated and wife and husband fought....... hard to resist the urge to have a full on domestic in front of all the neighbours.

I offered a few words of encouragement and support and then (as we entered the second hour) red wine. All the time their 10 Year old son, Callum, had been whittering on about something, but he had to be silenced, this was serious adult work. As we wondered whether rotating the house would be easier than rotating the caravan, young Callum stepped forward removed the jack from the boot of the car, placed it under the caravan and invited his father to jack up the wheel, so that he could place a plank of wood under it, drive caravan forward out of the mud and onto the driveway.

The moral of this story is, take time to relax, plan and think things through, often a simple solution is not so far away

.........or borrow a ten year old!

Kimx

0 comments :

Post a Comment